We welcome you to visit the town of Jean Lafitte. We encourage visitors to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines while both traveling to and visiting Jean Lafitte in a safe manner. We have many opportunities for you to explore our unique town just minutes from New Orleans.
Latest information and guidance regarding COVID-19
The State of Louisiana has moved cautiously back into Phase 2 of reopening as COVID cases and hospitalizations rise. There is still a statewide mask mandate in effect. With the COVID-19 situation continuing to evolve, we encourage you to follow the most up-to-date information and guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Louisiana Department of Health. Protect yourself and others. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) urges all Americans to exercise the following safety precautions in public:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, after touching surfaces frequently touched by others, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and before touching your face or eating.
- If soap and water are not available, bring and use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice Social Distancing by keeping 6 feet of physical distance from others.
- Wear a cloth face-covering in public.
The Louisiana Department of Health has the following guidelines and COVID-19 resources.
November 24, 2020 Today, Gov. John Bel Edwards announced that the aggressive third surge of COVID-19 across all regions of Louisiana has made it necessary to impose tighter mitigation measures and step back to Phase 2 in order to protect public health. The Governor’s...